Opportunity for Healthcare Professionals,
Yoga Teachers & Science Graduates to become
NOC : 3232
Offer 2 Years, Part-Time, Weekend Course
Diploma in Ayurveda & Natural Healing (DANH)
Curriculum of diploma is based on RAV’s & WHO’s Benchmark For Training in Ayurveda
Anyone who is Canadian Citizen or PR, Passed Grade 12 or Equivalent
Age 18 years and above and able to communicate in English language
Enroll now for the 2022 academic year
For more information, visit: www.ccaycollege.com or
Call us : 647 – 300 – 1311
About the Program
Our Diploma in Ayurveda & Natural Healing (DANH) trains students in the use of Ayurveda as a health care modality. As a part of this diploma, students will learn Ayurvedic therapies, be able to provide Ayurvedic lifestyle and dietary advice, dispense a range of Ayurvedic herbs and formulations, and be qualified to treat clients using Ayurvedic protocol. As a part of this course, participants will also implement Ayurvedic self-care regimens, learn meditation and Yoga techniques, study anatomy & physiology from an Ayurvedic perspective, learn about professional conduct and business awareness, and complete 50 hours of supervised clinical training. Upon completion of this course, participants will be fully equipped to practice as Ayurvedic Practitioners in the west. This diploma course is a part-time course conducted over 24 months.
This Diploma offers courses that broadly cover topics on:
- Ayurvedic Dietary & Lifestyle Guidelines (Food & Nutrition Concept)
- Ayurvedic Method of Diagnosis (Traditional Tongue & Pulse Reading)
- Ayurvedic Head & Body Massage (Shirodhara & Abhyanga)
- Ayurvedic Detox & Rejuvenation (Panchakarma & Rasayana Karma)
- Herbal Medicines & Food Supplements (Canadian Natural Health Products)
Upon completion of the prescribed training and subsequent qualification in Ayurveda & Herbal Medicine, a practitioner shall
- Be able to obtain and record patient information by performing a complete roga-rogi pariksha (history and physical assessment) in an empathetic fashion, including
- Prashna and Panchendriya Pariksha (History taking, Inspection, Palpation, Percussion, and Auscultation)
- Ashtavidha Pariksha (Eight-Point Disease Assessment)
- Dashavidha Pariksha (Ten-Point Patient Assessment)
- Shadanga Pariksha (General Physical Examination)
- Sroto Pariksha (Complete Systemic Examination)
- Exhibit proficiency in modifying patient interviews and examinations based on the circumstances, including the ability to review patient history and physical examination.
- Apply knowledge in clinical settings to assess the acuity of illness by recognizing patients with life-threatening conditions.
- Demonstrate skill in preventive health and health promotion.
Demonstrate disease risk assessment in the areas of :
- Nutrition, dietary, and life-style management
- Tri-doshic imbalance reduction
- Promote a healthy lifestyle through health behavior assessment and counseling
- Demonstrate awareness regarding the implications of patient’s prakruti alterations in disease progression
- Appreciate the Ayurvedic practitioner’s role in taking care of community health
Pre-Requisite for the Course:
The eligible candidates include but are not limited to Certified Naturopaths, Medical Doctors (MBBS), Dentists (BDS), Chiropractors, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Homeopaths, Osteopaths, Orthomolecular Practitioners, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Yoga Teachers, and Science Graduates trained in North America or international graduates who have completed their medical education from accredited Universities overseas.
- Writing and verbal fluency in English is a requirement for this course.
- Participants must be aged 18 or above
Duration of Course
The part-time course on the Diploma of Ayurveda and Herbal Medicine is covered extensively within 1000 hours in a span of 2 Years and the students are trained and taught various aspects of Ayurveda and herbal medicine within this period by our highly learned faculty. After a period of 2 years, it is mandatory to complete a 50-hour clinical internship under a registered Ayurveda practitioner or Naturopath within Canada or abroad.
A registration fee/deposit is required to hold a place on the course. Once the course has commenced registration fees are non-refundable. In the exception of a course not commencing all registration fees will be refunded.
• Total Cost of Program: CAD $ 14,000 (+HST)
• DEPOSIT: CAD $ 500 + HST (Refundable)